Sunday 28 February 2016

My Skincare Routine


Hi Jemples and welcome to today's blog post which is all about my current skincare routine. I have been requested to do this post for the longest of time and I am so sorry that I've just about got around to it now. Better late than never right! So just a quick heads before I go into my routine, I have combination skin, by that I mean that I am quite oily around my t-zone(cheeks, nose and chin) and dry around my nose and forehead. I have also tried these products before using them and I highly suggest that you all patch test any product before you commit into using them. Most importantly I am not claiming that these products work miracles, they have helped me extremely in controlling my oily areas as well as evening out my skin tone and making my skin less prone to blemishes. This doesn't mean that all of these products will most definitely work on you! So if you would like to see what my current skincare routine in then please keep reading...


So I am first going to start with what I use to remove my makeup, to do this I have been using two products. I firstly start off with the Garnier soothing 2 in 1 makeup remover, seriously I am yet to find a product that comes even close to this. It is extremely sensitive on the skin and it doesn't require much effort to remove mascara or waterproof makeup. I use this on a cotton pad and clean off all the makeup off my face, what I love about this is as well as containing a makeup remover it also contains a toner so it really helps to cut down the amount of products I have to use. I then go in with a clean cotton pad and the Garnier Micellar cleansing water this one is specifically designed for combination and sensitive skin. This helps to remove any makeup that may still be on my face that I haven't notice and it also helps to really cool and mattify my face.

After removing my makeup I move on to the Johnsons refreshing gel wash for normal skin. I first wash my face and then apply a generous amount of gel wash over my face. This really helps to cleanse the skin and it gets deep into the pores. I then clean my face with a clean towel and move onto the gentle exfoliator. This contains the most softest and small particles so it is perfect to use everyday. I concentrate this mostly on the areas where I have dry patches so around my nose and my forehead and again clean with a towel. When I first picked up these products I was really skeptical about whether they would actually work, but seeing as I still use Johnsons moisturiser I thought they would work perfectly for my skin and I was not wrong! These together are a match made in heaven and if you have not yet tried them and you have quite sensitive skin I highly recommend these!


That concludes my night time routine and now onto how I prep my skin in the mornings. Some days I will use the micellar water in the morning just to freshen up my face and some days I use the gel wash. But every morning without fail I exfoliate my face using any of these two products. I have raved about the St Ives scrubs on my blog before but this blemish fighting one beats the rest. It really helps to deep clean my pores and get rid of any blackheads and oil on my skin. It has a fresh apricot scent which is perfect for the morning! And the Nellie Tier face polish well what can I say I have also talked about this in depth in my last post and this again is the perfect exfoliator. If you find that you're getting a lot of dry patches or breaking out a lot more then be sure to include an exfoliator in your skincare routine it makes the world of a difference and really helps to smooth out your face in the mornings so it is fully prepped for makeup.


Now onto more high end products that I incorporate into my routine at least once a week. The clinique take the day off makeup remover is perfect for removing any stubborn makeup that you might have. Its quite oily so it really helps to make the process quite smooth and not too harsh on the skin. I love using this if I have a really good yet hard to remove mascara. Another clinique product that I like to use once a week is this foaming scrub. this again is really soft on the skin. What I love about this is that it lathers up on the skin and I don't know about you but I feel like a product really works when I can actually see it doing something. This really helps to minimise oil and smooths out my skin.


And finally onto more luxurious pamper products. I'm not going to lie and say I use these every week, I try to use these at least once a month and if not every two weeks especially for clay or peel off masks as I feel like they can easily dry out the skin if you use them too frequently, they're also quite high maintenance but make your skin feel divine! The product that I do try to use weekly is the Nellie Tier hydrating mask, what I love about this is that it requires very little effort to both put on and take off because it's very thin in consistency and clear in colour. You literally keep this on the skin for around 10 minutes and then wash it off you don't have to wait until it dries unlike the clay mask. It instantly makes your skin feel so hydrating and radiant. If you find that your skin is looking really dull then try to incorporate a face mask at least once a week it makes the world of a difference!

So Jemples that's the end of the post, I really hope you liked this skincare routine and if there are any products that you feel are working wonders on your skin that would benefit me also then please tell me in the comments below.
And if you’re not already following me then please follow me on all my social media (links are in the contact me tab) as well as subscribing to my blog so you know what's going on in my life and when I upload new posts. Take care and I’ll catch you in my next one!
Jemima xx

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I also use the Nelitier products they work wonders on your skin! Looking forward to the next post. Lots of love Jemima xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so glad you love Nellie Tier as much as I do seriously cannot recommend them enough xx

      Delete

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr